Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

Nation Reputation : 36

M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 20 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 10:52 pm

Endloslung wrote:
Looks like banded got to the videos before me, thanks! Those are the guys I'm watching right now, along with Gunny, to get a feel for how they use their .50 cal. They're on Valor, so they have a better rifle, but I'll make due with my AGVK. Gimme the rust and the tic marks scratched into the gun, over those extra two rounds anyday.

This is exactly what one of the guys in my clan is trying to teach me, Eclipticz- he's a friggin beast with it. Always beats me in kills when using it and barely dies, average Sabo game for him with it is like 45-5 and this is close range stuff like some of the videos. The only problem that I am having with it is the heavy armour, sooo many times I manage to hit them but they have some heavy armour and manage to kill me before I get a second shot off. What do you use Endlo- when this happens?

The options that I have been trying are using a rocket launcher, then if they manage to get behind cover you can still kill them with the explosion as they are so low on health or the kurtis. Or just go for the second shot, I haven't decided what I like the best yet.
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 20 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 11:03 pm

If those situations, it depends on how close they are to me. Earlier, on Sabo, I got a few nice headshots off on them, I'm working on learning where to keep my cursor centered, and being able to quickly snap up to the head when appropriate.

When I tag them with bodyshots, if they're a fair distance away, I'll either try to get the second shot off, with the AGVK, or if they're closer than I'm comfortable with, I'll switch to the handgun.

It all depends, really. They go for the second shot a lot, in the videos, but I'm not all that comfortable yet, in the close-range encounters with it. I'm getting better though, but I know it's going to be a long process. I'm enjoying it so far though, even with my mediocre scores on attack, compared to my AG-94.

Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 20 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 5:21 am

I'm going back to my assault rifles. It's just not worth the hassle, and the risk of using the AGVK anymore. As a sniper, you're outclassed by the SASR or the SASR-M, for a billion reasons, and run'n'gunning, you're outclassed by a million different things.

If I can find a way to pick up Escalation tonight, when it drops, I'll be trying out the Tamsen, and comparing it to my AG-94. I got so fed up with the AGVK tonight, that I went back to the AG-94 for my last game of the night, and rattled off 23-5 on an attacking game, and blew up C.

Back to top Go down
timpanogos
Third Nation
timpanogos

Nation Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 20 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 3:15 pm

not seeing anything on the dlc???
Back to top Go down
timpanogos
Third Nation
timpanogos

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 20 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 3:17 pm

Endlo- wrote:
I'm going back to my assault rifles. It's just not worth the hassle, and the risk of using the AGVK anymore. As a sniper, you're outclassed by the SASR or the SASR-M, for a billion reasons, and run'n'gunning, you're outclassed by a million different things.

If I can find a way to pick up Escalation tonight, when it drops, I'll be trying out the Tamsen, and comparing it to my AG-94. I got so fed up with the AGVK tonight, that I went back to the AG-94 for my last game of the night, and rattled off 23-5 on an attacking game, and blew up C.

just suite up in fog's load out 2 -- search those 50cal run-n-gunners, and blow them to hell (fad, one or two got it down)
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

Nation Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 20 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 5:23 pm

MUCH better without the music. Cool

10 Sniper kills in a row. This game make sniping suspiciously easy.
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 20 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 10:55 pm

Sniping is pretty fun in MAG, and I have a good time doing it, whenever I decide to respec into it for a while.

I cannot wait for Escalation. Unfortunately, Sony SNAFU'd the store updates for the day, and while Escalation was out for a brief while, it was removed from the store, and most MAG players do not have it. There's a large topic going on, on the official forums, led by Dunham, and if I see anything new posted up there, I'll make sure to get it over here, as well. Right now, we're expecting an update on what happened, and when we can expect to get our hands on Escalation, whenever they have more information, likely tomorrow.

The Gotha appears to have replaced the ATAC assault rifle, and I'm expecting big things from the Tamsen, as well. MarcusSoul has the DLC, and when he was showing Vash the new guns, he noted a few things. The new sniper rifle is supposedly around the same damage-rate as the AGVK, but more stable. As far as fire-rate, and capacity, I'm not sure. The new SVER MMG has a terrible Rate of Fire, but apparently has a ton of stopping power, and 100 rounds.
Back to top Go down
timpanogos
Third Nation
timpanogos

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 20 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 10:52 am

They seem to be all messed up - this up this morning:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
says the pack is 9.99
And yet PlayStation Store shows it at 4.99
do you suppose it will go full cycle to next tuesday before they try and release again.
Back to top Go down
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 20 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 2:02 pm

timpanogos wrote:
They seem to be all messed up - this up this morning:
says the pack is 9.99
And yet PlayStation Store shows it at 4.99
do you suppose it will go full cycle to next tuesday before they try and release again.

That link is for interdiction, not escalation.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 20 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 2:12 pm

I purchased the Vipera last night.
I'm deciding still if this was a bad move. Now that the level ups and skill and weapon upgrades are doing me some good, I earn much more in credits than I used to so I'm not too worried.
But I cant say I notice any sizable difference to the Ak or what ever that default gun is.

The dlc seems awesome, but since I dont own the game I cant justify the purchase. Let me know what ya all think of it though.
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 20 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 9:52 pm

What is respec?
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 20 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 10:36 pm

I havent done it yet, but from what I gather if you spend the respec credits you get all your skill points back to re distribute as you'd like.
Back to top Go down
timpanogos
Third Nation
timpanogos

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 20 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 11:21 pm

six is right, I've done it once, and it was quickly back up to the 3000 needed to do it again, which I will likely be doing after I get my mk2 build (I'll drop engineering and close quarters and load up on special ops, health and resistence)
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 20 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 4:08 am

Yup, they're both right. Respecs are when you can wipe your skill tree clean, and redistribute all the points that you've earned. It's pretty handy when you want to try out different weapons, or later down the line, when you want to invest points into things you won't have access to right now, like the Motion Sensor, or the Sensor Jammer.

Vash was saying something about the MAG blog being updated to show that there was going to be a small patch for MAG today, that turned on Escalation, for the players who got it early, and that it would be hitting the PSN Store sometime today. Looking forward to picking it up, and trying out the Tamsen, and I'm tempted to take advantage of the double XP by getting those character slots, and working on my Valor and Raven trophies again.
Back to top Go down
timpanogos
Third Nation
timpanogos

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 20 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 9:32 am

Well they say its suppose to be out today:

p/870493/page/10

that leaves about 1/2 hour in Japan and about 23.5 hours in Vladivostok

interesting, my main MAG game downloaded a small update when started this morning, seems to have removed the play station store option from the game options
Back to top Go down
timpanogos
Third Nation
timpanogos

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 20 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 11:01 am

What the heck? Not too happy with this

I saved up all my cp pennies to build an assault rifle, still waiting for the mk2, but decided to go ahead and pick up the foregrip and 4x scope and start playing around with them on the rtk-74.

My load outs with rtk-74's don't allow for the 4x scope!

what's up with this? The Supply Depot description says "Can be mounted on assault rifles and light sniper rifles"

Would this scope mount on the ag-94? Is it going to mount on the mk2?

confused??

the foregrip does make a noticable difference

edit: wish they would get this thing out!

new information recently posted:

"But we’re not done yet. Gamers that play any of our add-on packs between November 2 and November 14 get additional XP bonuses! Specifically, anyone who plays Interdiction or Escalation within that timeframe earns a +200% bonus with every finished match. We’re also including an all-around +100% bonus for playing any MAG mode within the same time frame. In other words, it’s going to be a MAG XP frenzy!"

dlc became available to me around noon my time ... mk2 cost me 6500 ... 4x scope mounted up on it just fine

darn confussing dlc, I guess I really wanted the starter kit, which is not available yet. I'll have to go back and buy the 5 dollar intervention pack (or whatever it is).

appears to be about 3:1 sver escalation players to other two

Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 20 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 10:38 pm

Now I remember why I took a week long break from MAG. It needs a new Charlitos-name. How about... LAG. Laggy Ass Game. (But still pretty fun)
Back to top Go down
timpanogos
Third Nation
timpanogos

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 20 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 9:42 am

Escalation, seems Valor took about 2 out of three of the ones I played in (sver taking the third).

And the 4x scope kind of sucks -- I understood that field of view would be very limited when I pulled it to my eye, but this is normal (and not bad). What I did not expect was for it to impair a good portion of my right side view from the hip. I've not noticed this in other games on weapons with scopes. This thing really blinds about 90 degrees for view.
Back to top Go down
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 20 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 4:10 pm

Charlitos wrote:
Now I remember why I took a week long break from MAG. It needs a new Charlitos-name. How about... LAG. Laggy Ass Game. (But still pretty fun)

I don't get any lag with MAG, are you sure it's the game could be your connection?

timpanogos wrote:
Escalation, seems Valor took about 2 out of three of the ones I played in (sver taking the third).

Escalation still hasn't been released in New Zealand, so annoying seeing everyone playing escalation.
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 20 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 5:04 pm

Aww, Flight. Do you have a date for Escalation's release, yet? I'll be on tonight, if you want to rock some Domo or Sabo or something. I've picked up the pack, but I'm still most excited to try out the new weaponry. The Tamsen sounds amazing, and I'd really like to try the new MMG, as well.

Charlitos, I'm with Flight on this one. I rarely have lag issues with MAG, and if I do, it's usually a global rubber-band kind of issue, that everyone experiences. No real game-altering lag, sans 1 game, which I know 6D9 was having problems with as well. You'll get those occasional bum lobbies, but it really shouldn't be that common.

Does your phone still knock your internet out? Is the PS3 wireless or hardwired? Hmm. I'm not sure if you're having any connection problems, but I'd look into it, if you continue to have issues with MAG. Are you having any lag issues with other games?
Back to top Go down
timpanogos
Third Nation
timpanogos

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 20 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 11:11 pm

thats sucks fog, from the little I know of you and your skills, I'm sure you are going to like it, a lot of activity, in a small area, you guys should get real high kill numbers.

Charlitos, I have to concure, I played pretty solid from around noon mountain time to about 10:pm with no lag noticed.

It is depressing however, that I will never be a good at online fps games. But I do enjoy them. For example in a game yesterday, after a loss in a very close match and a very upset squad they are looking at the results and thanking me, over their mics for the loss ... poor endlo and fog, have to be somewhat nice.

Of course I only had experience with the tkn-74, but went straight for the mk2 yestday, and decked it out with the 4x, forgrip and suppressor. very nice, very noteable improvement with my skills, so you guys should be able to rock with this gun, low kick, the big mag goes faster than one might think (high cycle rate) and sure seems to hit em harder, reload is also much quicker than the tkn I've been using. I really like the 4x held to eye, even for up to about 20 yards, got me consentrating more on a semi-auto trigger pull (3/4 chest area pop pop pop and down they go)

My next goal is the tube, but with the double xp week or so, not too worried about getting there pretty soon ... I'm just going to start focusing on staying alive and getting more kills. See if I'm just to old and unskilled for it or if I might finally improve - some games I was getting 10 to 15 kills, (20 + deaths) but others I fall back to 3 or 4.

oh well, I'm having fun even in my squad hates me
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 20 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 11:19 pm

Is anyone elses' DLC taking ages to download?
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 20 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 4:27 am

Escalation downloaded pretty quickly for me. Your internet just seems wonky. Did you hit a bandwidth cap for the month or something?

Tim, those guys are idiots. You've done fine in all the games I've played with you, and I'll be the first to admit that this game has a brutal curve. It takes a long time to put everything together, just stick with it, and you'll be putting up big numbers soon enough. Find a gun you like, or a type of gun, get it down, and then learn the maps. After you start to understand the typical flow of a map, the flanking options that you and the opposing team have, and you practice your scrambling a bit, you'll do great.

I really like the Tamsen. It's pretty much an improvement on the AG-94. It's a little less stable, but with the Foregrip, I hardly noticed. I love the extra capacity, it's amazing. The rate of fire is really good too, I've been able to just drop 4 guys with headshots and not have to reload until I'm in a better spot. Huge advantage.

I played with some of your clanmates tonight, Flight, and man..they can be real douchebags. Justise was fine, he was doing really well, but his buddy, I can't remember his tag, decided to berate me after a shaky 0-2 start, only to end the game outkilled by me, and with a better K/D. Bleh, first bad experience with a 3C guy. Every other time has been great, you guys are a great crew, and fun to game with, I'm not sure what his problem was.

Set a new high Sabo, 63-9, tonight. So boring, though, and I'm starting to find myself growing tired of MAG. It's just...missing something. I might vet over for a bit, or buy a character slot, and take a tour through another PMC, for a change of pace.

Escalation is incredibly frustrating, I'll probably stay out of it for a week or so, and see if the blue dots can get the hang of what's going on, then go back. It's just so inconsistent, and Raven have been completely dropping out of the game, and helping Valor to win, just to keep us off our double-contracts. Like expected, we have all 10 at the moment, and based on the scorebars for it, it doesn't look like we'll be giving them up without a hell of a fight.
Back to top Go down
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 20 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 6:24 am

timpanogos wrote:
thats sucks fog, from the little I know of you and your skills, I'm sure you are going to like it, a lot of activity, in a small area, you guys should get real high kill numbers.

It is depressing however, that I will never be a good at online fps games. But I do enjoy them. For example in a game yesterday, after a loss in a very close match and a very upset squad they are looking at the results and thanking me, over their mics for the loss ... poor endlo and fog, have to be somewhat nice.

My next goal is the tube, but with the double xp week or so, not too worried about getting there pretty soon ... I'm just going to start focusing on staying alive and getting more kills. See if I'm just to old and unskilled for it or if I might finally improve - some games I was getting 10 to 15 kills, (20 + deaths) but others I fall back to 3 or 4.

oh well, I'm having fun even in my squad hates me

It's not too bad, I had played a reasonably amount of it in the beta client a while ago. But I have managed to get my hands on it now and having some good fun on it. Kill numbers haven't been anything amazing as of yet, I think my best is 57 and second best would be down around the 40's. I find that the games seem to go really quick, maybe it's just that I don't know the maps all that well yet compared to Sabotage.

I don't know where you're coming from at not being good and online shooters Tim, I find you an asset to play with. I mean sure you aren't the biggest killer but that doesn't mean you don't contribute. In my opinion people class kills and kill death ratio as being good, there are many more factors to being good in my opinion. To be honest it all just comes with spending too much time on fps' on the PS3. I can remember my first fps on the PS3, Call Of Duty 4, I was absolutely rubbish at the game, and I remember feeling amazing when I finally managed to get my kill death ratio of 1, this was with around 20 days of online play + Resistance 2, 30 days competitive online + Killzone 2, Uncharted 2, Red Faction, Bioshock 2, Modern Warfare 2 etc... the list goes on and I don't want to think how much time I have wasted with a controller in my hand. Simply put all it is is practise, like with everything, you learn how to approach and flank, where to be looking, to be aware of you map heaps of little things which you learn from simply practising. So I wouldn't write yourself off saying that you won't ever be good, if you enjoy it then who cares what other people think, it is the internet after all, you can turn off you PS3 and never have to hear from the person again easy as that.

If you enjoy it then what's more to ask? Gaming is just a form of entertainment after all. Don't feel sorry for Endlo- or me, I love playing with new people and helping them along to be honest. I can remember a guy back on Resistance 2 asking me how I had achieved so many No one is safe ribbons, getting 10 sniper headshots in a single life, so I played with him explaining my tactics and places I like to go etc. I jumped on Resistance 2 a while back and saw that he had surpassed me in them, that felt real cool to see that. Since then I have enjoyed it and try to help people understand games and get as much enjoyment out of it as they can. Admittedly if I am dying a lot or playing badly I have been known to get angry and swear, but I try my best to keep it enjoyable.

I would be happy to show you spots that I like to go etc, next time you are on at the same time. Just keep aiming on getting more kills than deaths, but like I said before everyone has to start somewhere so don't fret it if you don't, it's just a good goal to try and get.

Gaming is just another form of entertainment, kills and stats are just a nice addition, not the reason for it and if your squad have to blame the loss onto one person then they aren't very good themselves if you ask me. If you do have people giving you grief in game then just hit start, scroll over their name and add them to block list, this mutes them and also means that that person can't initiate a vote to kick on you, very handy sometimes.

But like you said as long as you are having fun then who cares?

Endlo- wrote:

I really like the Tamsen. It's pretty much an improvement on the AG-94. It's a little less stable, but with the Foregrip, I hardly noticed. I love the extra capacity, it's amazing. The rate of fire is really good too, I've been able to just drop 4 guys with headshots and not have to reload until I'm in a better spot. Huge advantage.

I played with some of your clanmates tonight, Flight, and man..they can be real douchebags. Justise was fine, he was doing really well, but his buddy, I can't remember his tag, decided to berate me after a shaky 0-2 start, only to end the game outkilled by me, and with a better K/D. Bleh, first bad experience with a 3C guy. Every other time has been great, you guys are a great crew, and fun to game with, I'm not sure what his problem was.

Set a new high Sabo, 63-9, tonight. So boring, though, and I'm starting to find myself growing tired of MAG. It's just...missing something. I might vet over for a bit, or buy a character slot, and take a tour through another PMC, for a change of pace.

Escalation is incredibly frustrating, I'll probably stay out of it for a week or so, and see if the blue dots can get the hang of what's going on, then go back. It's just so inconsistent, and Raven have been completely dropping out of the game, and helping Valor to win, just to keep us off our double-contracts. Like expected, we have all 10 at the moment, and based on the scorebars for it, it doesn't look like we'll be giving them up without a hell of a fight.

To be honest I'm not loving the Tamsen that much compared to the AG-94 and I haven't quite worked out why yet. Maybe it's that I haven't been able to effectively kill long to far range enemies that easily, I'm trying to stick with it because the stats seem to make it look better maybe it's just that I'm not used to it.

I agree with you here Endlo-, I said in an earlier post, big killers come with big egos (most of the time anyway). Justise is a cool guy and a friggin amazing player. Although if you shit talk to him he will unleash hell on you if you're the opposing team. But there are a few in 3C which give the clan a bad name and make so many people hate us. Let me guess, it was xjumpman23? Some of the guys I don't really like to play with, talking smack to people in the squad even if they are like level 10 on their first playthrough because they aren't carrying a medical kit, I absolutely hate it when that kind of stuff happens but I do still enjoy playing with the majority of them.

Very nice game 63-9, using the Tamsen or AG? I do remember MAG getting a bit boring with it's lack of different maps, and trust me it used to be much worse before the faction neutral suppression and sabotage. Vetting is always a fun option, get a change of scenery with some different guns and different people or you could try changing your play style and go for the platinum trophy for a goal or something to work towards?

I have to say that I haven't found the blue dots too bad at the moment and most of my escalation games I have been playing by myself.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 20 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 8:50 am

You are all really making me wish I could justify the dlc purchase.

Since its all pretty well handled and you guys worked past it well, Im not gonna get all M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 20 70894
with reminders about calling out names and tags in a negative fashion in post. In the future though it may be better to do that kind of stuff in pms. You never know who may show up, who may take something wrong or too personal, etc.
Last thing we want is a flame war.

Otherwise, great posting in here in guys. Some of the best in the forum atm.
Back to top Go down

M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top