Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Sidawg
First Nation
First Nation

Nation Reputation : 0

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 21 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 1:16 am

SixHousePull wrote:
Sidawg wrote:
Won my first FFA today, nearly choked, despite being 10 kills up Neutral

On some of the maps, the camping is just outrageous; terminal is a great level.

Trying to get my k/d to 1 Very Happy= :D

Congrats. I won my first FFA yesterday. Its neat seeing your name in the first spot.
Terminal is my fav!

Congrats!

Yeah mine was Terminal as well. That and Skidrow are my favourites by a mile.

Its nice not getting absolutely destroyed Laughing

Whats the map which is a big hedge in the middle and a tunnel underneath that? That was fun to go prone on
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 21 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 1:33 am

That one is called wasteland.

Also heres all the MP maps thus far:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 21 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 2:36 am

Contrary to the laws of COD nature, I came third in an FFA yesterday. It was more down to the ridiculous and stupid idea to put helicopters, harriers, Pave Lows, etc into the game. Here's howit went down. Level: Afghan. I kept my head down and ran up a 4-kill streak which meant I unlocked a Care Package. I found a quiet spot, lit the flare, lived long enough to open the crate and was rewarded with a a Pave Low. One button press later and that unfeasibly stupid and n00bish weapon was just mowing down the other players. Figuring that sensible people would be hanging out in the caves I went into the shelter picking off those hiding from my airborne rain of death. It was crazy, as I was walking around I kept seeing +100, +50, +50, +100, popping up on the screen. I ended that round 20 for 11 and in third spot. Monkey joined the game towards the end in time to witness it. He sent me a PSN message saying "O_O".

Yeah, it was kind of fun getting the Pave Low, but it does strike me as being a completely stupid way to completely unbalance a game. I mean, if a reasonable player or team can get a 4- or 5-kill streak going then you end up with unlimited air strikes and the players have to do very little themselves to get any real kills. Seems kinda dumb to me. I'm a CRAP player, yet I came third all because of a mindless brain dead uber weapon.

Weird.
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 21 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 3:02 am

Thats cool Eatty! Way to go!

Also FYI, once you unlock the Emergency Airdrop kill streak award immediately equip it. I finally got(I think) an 8 kill streak and dispatched it. 4-5 boxes fell from the sky, it was like Christmas morning. I got 2 UAVs. 1 Counter UAV. 1 Harrier, and 1 AC-130. I was killing newbs for about 5 minutes straight. I never felt more alive. Cool
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 21 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 3:52 am

I had fun last night. Went online with cobalt and eat and one of the guys from work (Gavin_McIntaggirt) Loved how one of my first kills was Cobalt. Lying low near a domination flag waiting to be captured I suddenly pop up and theres cobalt in front of me and I shot him. All I could imagine him saying was "WTF!" Probably didn't though. Eat did pretty good too, got me a few times.

Anyone else get chucked outta the PSN last night round 12:30 BST?
Both me and the guy I work with did. My XMB Froze on me too so I had to use the back switch to turn it off. Turned it back on and I couldn't get back online and I got a warning message about improper shut down (First time ever).
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 21 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 4:26 am

Last night was abysmal... Why I kept playing I have no idea. Rolling Eyes

As a little experiment I set up a split screen multiplayer to see how many shots it takes offline to kill someone...

3 - 4.

Not 9 - 12 like when I play online, but 3 - 4. Mad

No wonder I'm just a meatshield in every game, huh? Sad
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 21 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 4:33 am

Hahaha! Meatshield. Laughing
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 21 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 4:43 am

Spoiler:

Shared a similar experience a couple pages back, Doc. Seems I popped in after your Pave Low killing spree. lol
Same thing happened to me on Rundown. I came in first at 24 - 7, and Sponge sent me the "O_O". (Spongy's my super absorbent muse.)
I also thought that the choppers and harriers were cheap. As Sponge or Insom one pointed out though, they can be shot down from the get go (with the AT launcher thing, and even more easily with the Stinger). And while they might add to your score in FFAs/TDMs which is cheap, they do not add to your kill streak if you got them from a care package. Only if you earn them naturally does it count. This keeps it from being too condemning if one team gets a couple of these in a row. And they are really only a big problem if the stupid spawns keep dropping you in front of them. That happens way too often.

Liam, that was pretty funny. The first time. But you just kept on killing me that whole round. Sad Bully.
Here's how about a third of my lives went:
Spawn. Head toward an objective. There's Doc aiming at someone near me. Pop, Pop, Pop. Doc is down. Attempt to proceed. Pop. Killed by Liam.
You guys were always together, and only once did he kill me before you did. Mad
Of course, I recall killing you a few times too. Guns firing
Laughing

Couldn't seem to stay in a game with Leo today. We managed a few early on, but then it wouldn't let anyone near him. He must be really good if the game realizes the futility of attacking him and won't put anyone in a game with him. He just wanders the maps alone. Like Kane from Kung Fu. Cool

Also got several good games in with Six. Rockin' the Domination and TDMs. Got my throwing knife kills in, and picked up a new/old trick. Did you know, Sixy, that you can pull the pin on a grenade and still not throw it? If you keep holding it, then eventually it'll explode. Along with you and whoever happened to be near you. Twisted Evil Sound familiar?

Had a busy day on MW2. Caught a few good games with Berdo. Always fun.
And tried to get in a few rounds with aceofdiamonds and some of the other M&A boys. Kept getting the invites right when the games I was in were starting. Then when I did catch them at the right time, it wouldn't let me join up. Kept saying the server was full, or that 'could not migrate to host' business. :/
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 21 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 4:51 am

Hello Monkey. Partying with those M&A newbs is quite hectic at times. Sometimes they have a full party, sometimes not. I usually play a few FFA's to warm up and wait until they send the inv. Once they start sending invites out, they usually stick around the lobby for a few minutes, usually gives me ample time to finish my game and join up with them. If Im on, you know Ill get you into our parties one way or another. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 21 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 5:04 am

Lol you got me an equal amount of time I think. I dunno what it is but it seemed like half the time I seen an enemy if was you. Couldn't understand it. I thought you were just stalking me or something.

Oh yeah and watch out for LPUStreesoldier (Insoms brother) Dudes like a fricking ninja with the skills of Bullseye.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 21 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 9:59 am

Spongebobnopants wrote:
Yeah, kinda, if you can live more than 5 seconds. Rolling Eyes
You have to get on top of that big tower.

Spongebobnopants wrote:
Thats cool Eatty! Way to go!

Also FYI, once you unlock the Emergency Airdrop kill streak award immediately equip it. I finally got(I think) an 8 kill streak and dispatched it. 4-5 boxes fell from the sky, it was like Christmas morning. I got 2 UAVs. 1 Counter UAV. 1 Harrier, and 1 AC-130. I was killing newbs for about 5 minutes straight. I never felt more alive. Cool

Do you know how many idiots I see drop them outside of the map? Last night i was on the map with all the broken airplanes (?) and my whole team was trying to figure out how to climb the chain link fences to go get the 5 or 6 packages out there.

Liam wrote:

Anyone else get chucked outta the PSN last night round 12:30 BST?
Both me and the guy I work with did. My XMB Froze on me too so I had to use the back switch to turn it off. Turned it back on and I couldn't get back online and I got a warning message about improper shut down (First time ever).

I've had this happen before, but it wasnt yesterday. Few days ago.

Didnt quote leo but kind of a shared feeling of frustration.
If Im wearing the thing that makes me undetectable by heart beat sensor, why do i watch the guy in the kill cam use his heart beat sensor to track me down and kill me????? Im not running or shooting or anything??????

Very frustrating

ggs Monkey. We did own a couple of those game, and got kind of owned a couple of them too. Having groovy along helped. He is the pwnzoars.
I'll have to be on the look out for monkeys holding fully cooked grenades, but if youre gonna go that route you may as well equip martyrdom
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 21 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 10:15 am

O.o new strategy, throw the crates outside the map and wait for idiots. Make sure it don't go over the edge of the maps, otherwise you'll be playing Lemmings.

I killed myself twice last night. Calling in a supply crate, I figured I'd circle back and wait for people to show up to take so I can pick em off. I went full circle and got squished.
Respawned close to the crate and seen two guy get there ahead of me trying to steal it, Kill em off and picked it up myself. Stealth Bomber. Hmm interesting. Pick the spot I wanted the bombs to drop, moved out of what I though was range. Apparnatly stealth bombers drop the bombs before they release causing a carpet bomb effect. Guess who was lying down waiting in ambush under the planes flight path.

oh and funny.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
ozzy5150
Second Nation
ozzy5150

Nation Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 21 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 11:39 am

ok for all you peeps you should look forward to rank 67 What a Face You unlock Model 1887 and it freakin pwns! Shocked I have akimbo on it so i have two and my god the range is amazing serisouly look forward to this weapon it owns everyone Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
PiNeAppLe_eNiMa
Fourth Nation

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 21 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 12:38 pm

[>P<]ozzy5150 wrote:
ok for all you peeps you should look forward to rank 67 What a Face You unlock Model 1887 and it freakin pwns! Shocked I have akimbo on it so i have two and my god the range is amazing serisouly look forward to this weapon it owns everyone Twisted Evil

It's pretty good, mostly I want my AK47 though...few games tonight and I'll finally have it...
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 21 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 12:47 pm

Yay! I went 1 for 8 on Highrise. I am seriously crap at this game.

Although.... I did get a game winning kill in Terminal. I was disappointed to observe that the person who scores the kill doesn't himself get to see the winning kill replay. Crying or Very sad

Funny highlights:

1. Sniping a long distant target on Highrise WITH THE AT LAUNCHER! (yes, really!)

2. Sniping a long distant target that I couldn't even see in Terminal.

3. Getting an accolade for killing the entire enemy team in Terminal.

4. Being on a roof and hearing someone come up the ladder. His head comes over the parapet and BLAM! Goodnight, Gracie.
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 21 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 1:30 pm

Hey, you have to watch this guy's MW2 movies on YouTube:

It's like a video version of the old Newbies Speak Out thread from MyRes (deceased). Trust me, these films are so funny. I've given him an invitation to the forum, but he says he's a little busy with his YouTube projects at the moment. Maybe in a few weeks.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 21 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 1:35 pm

o.O You got the winning kill... that means that you should see it. I seen the one I made.

Ozzy your right about them Models I want them Akimbo, picked them up on a whim. Love them.
Back to top Go down
Sidawg
First Nation
First Nation

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 21 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 1:49 pm

eattheword wrote:
Hey, you have to watch this guy's MW2 movies on YouTube:

It's like a video version of the old Newbies Speak Out thread from MyRes (deceased). Trust me, these films are so funny. I've given him an invitation to the forum, but he says he's a little busy with his YouTube projects at the moment. Maybe in a few weeks.

That is fantastic Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 21 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 2:53 pm

SixHousePull wrote:
ggs Monkey. We did own a couple of those game, and got kind of owned a couple of them too. Having groovy along helped. He is the pwnzoars.
I'll have to be on the look out for monkeys holding fully cooked grenades, but if youre gonna go that route you may as well equip martyrdom
Oh, I do, Six. I do. Wink One way or another, you're blowing up.
(Okay, the real inspiration for that tactic was a Challenge for doing it, but still...)

Nice video find, Doc.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 21 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 3:21 pm

eattheword wrote:

4. Being on a roof and hearing someone come up the ladder. His head comes over the parapet and BLAM! Goodnight, Gracie.

This one was my favorite...lol

Cobalt Monkey wrote:
SixHousePull wrote:
Oh, I do, Six. I do. Wink One way or another, you're blowing up.
(Okay, the real inspiration for that tactic was a Challenge for doing it, but still...)

Nice video find, Doc.

Hmm, well, I could always...uhm....LOOK THAT BANANA TREE IS ON FIRE!

Bye
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 21 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 3:43 pm

OOOO! Fried bananas! I love you
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 21 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 11:55 pm

That fried stuff goes straight to your arse, Monkey! affraid

Yeah good find Doc, very funny indeed. Laughing BTW ggs this morning.

I cant wait to unlock the AK and the 1887!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 21 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 12:09 am

I got my thermal for the M-16
Wastelands is a little less scary now.

Monkey blew me up with a claymore tonight too. Mad
Back to top Go down
Sidawg
First Nation
First Nation

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 21 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 12:11 am

i played ETW today, and he owned me. Guns firing
Back to top Go down
Insom
Eighth Nation
Insom

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 21 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 12:14 am

Sixer Claus wrote:
I got my thermal for the M-16
Wastelands is a little less scary now.

Monkey blew me up with a claymore tonight too. Mad

Wastelands with claymores seems more scary.

Anyone who has thermal on a sniper I salute you, 15 kills looking down an ACOG is like a death penalty.
Back to top Go down

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top