Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 22 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 12:17 am

I had a lot of hopes for the ACOG

Not only did every talk about how well it did them in the first MW, but I see guys use it so effectively.
I just cant. I fight through the kills to get thermal and done.
It has its up and downs I guess.
I just have a hard time with it.
Give me the red dot any day
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 22 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 12:17 am

Monkey kept killing me in Sub Pen, I was starting to get fustrated, Im not used to being killed as much by one player. Evil or Very Mad
Monkey me and you 1v1, no holds bar, whatever that means, see you at sunset!!

Nice Six! I have unlocked my thermal for ma 16 yet, only ma Barrett and ma FAL. Mad

Im working on gettin all attachments for ma ACR, cuz that thing straigt pWnz.

Oh this just in! Striker w/ red dot sight and Stopping Power OWNZ!

Insom- I haz teh thermal nao. :o
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 22 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 12:18 am

Sidawg wrote:
i played ETW today, and he owned me. Guns firing

lol
I missed this
Back to top Go down
Insom
Eighth Nation
Insom

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 22 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 12:19 am

Sixer Claus wrote:

Not only did every talk about how well it did them in the first MW, but I see guys use it so effectively.

True that but the ease with which the thermal lets you catch people is well worth the difficulty of it's acquisition.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 22 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 12:24 am

insomnielf14 wrote:
Sixer Claus wrote:

True that but the ease with which the thermal lets you catch people is well worth the difficulty of it's acquisition.

Most definitely.
I love when guys throw a smoke grenade thinking they are being all sneaky

tat tat tat

tat

Sorry to end your kill streak.
Smile
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 22 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 12:26 am

That was YOU!?
I will never rest until I get ma Payback!!
Back to top Go down
Insom
Eighth Nation
Insom

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 22 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 12:27 am

Sixer Claus wrote:
insomnielf14 wrote:
Sixer Claus wrote:

Most definitely.
I love when guys throw a smoke grenade thinking they are being all sneaky

tat tat tat

tat

Sorry to end your kill streak.
Smile

.50 cal user doesn't go tat tat tat,
he goes BOOM and the bullet hits the guy so hard he gets kicked from the game.
Back to top Go down
Sidawg
First Nation
First Nation

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 22 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 12:43 am

Sixer Claus wrote:
Sidawg wrote:
i played ETW today, and he owned me. Guns firing

lol
I missed this

Tis true!
Back to top Go down
SparklyBazongaz,
Loyalist
Loyalist
SparklyBazongaz,

Nation Reputation : 39

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 22 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 1:06 am

oooh!
you guys are making me want the game more >=)
hahaha
daddy is taking his sweet ass time.. No

blaahh
oh and i act like a bit of a douche when playing games like CoD
LOL
so yeeaaahh.. pale
i tend to get a bit carried away Embarassed

ahaha
so when you see the noobiest person run around teabagging and wasting ammo cuz they got a shot, thats most likely me Embarassed Razz
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 22 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 3:24 am

Thanks to Modern Camping 2's esoteric lobby system I got some games in last night with Mofo & Co, Seyel, Liam, Morty, Wadofgore and a couple of the 1nK guys, Sidawg, my sixteen-year-old nephew and his clan mates (none of whom believed I was his uncle when I crashed his party) and some others whose names I have forgotten. I don't want to speak ill of a relation, but I wonder if my newphew's score line has anything to do with a tendency to hide in small rooms and used RPGs and other assorted grenade launchers? He seemed really upset when I shot down his Harrier... Twisted Evil At one point I saw him hiding in the HQ so I lobbed in a Semtex and killed.... Liam. Hi Liam! Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 22 811307

Mic communication is a real key in this game, much more than in R2. Those games with Wad, lilswami and TechnoDiamond were really fun as we were working the mics constantly. Apart from Techno we were all going 4 for 16 and such forth, but we did win a couple of rounds all the same.

Sweetest kills for me:

1. In Terminal. I'm on the outside roof and a guy in the plane cockpit snipes me and then gets Wadofgore. I respawn on the ground floor that exits onto the apron. I have just started using FMJ in my Scar (unlocked the previous round) and I see the assassin running back through the plane towards the ramp at the rear. So, I line up a tracking shot and follow his run. Those FMJs tore right through and took him down. Sweet.

2. In Terminal again. Wad and I are running from the shops towards the escalators. There's a guy on the raised platform pinning us down. I go all the way up to its side then throw a Semtex up which sticks to the ceiling above him and BLAM! Goodnight, Gracie!

In this game I am just accepting that I'm going to get 0.25 k/d for a while, and instead I am enjoying the creative takedowns. This is much easier to do and to enjoy when the team works as a team. When you feel like the spare wheel following round a group of skilled players who don't use the mics for team work then it isn't fun. All the good players out there can really make a difference by constantly talking to everyone else. When we (Wad, Swami, me, etc) were together we had to work and comunicate as a team because otherwise we were going to suffer even more than we did. And that, for me, was the key.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 22 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 4:02 am

Sixer Claus wrote:
Monkey blew me up with a claymore tonight too. Mad
cheers
I told you earlier, Six. One way or another... Boom. Twisted Evil
Really, I didn't even know about this! Sweet! lol

noob of the week wrote:
Monkey kept killing me in Sub Pen, I was starting to get fustrated, Im not used to being killed as much by one player. Evil or Very Mad
Monkey me and you 1v1, no holds bar, whatever that means, see you at sunset!!
No holding monkey bars? scratch But, they iz teh funzorz! *pouts*
And what are you getting so mad about? I was just shooting you. It's not like you'd notice a few extra holes...
Very well, I accept your challenge. We meet on the field of honor. It's called "Rust". You can choose your weapons. I'll be dual wielding my weapons: horrendous lag and spawn killing. Guns firing
Seriously though, my connection was utter crap tonight. Barely rose out of the orange half the time.
Despite this, I still had some good fun with good people.

Got in game with Dingo a bit.
Gave Tux a taste of her own medicine, and stalked her a bit.
Through sheer force of Random Power, I think I shared several games with Rep. Pretty sure it was him anyway. Skilled, surly, puts a - after his name. Sound about right? Laughing
GGs to all. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 22 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 4:23 am

Than its settled! Ill shall meet you in a few hours!
Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sidawg
First Nation
First Nation

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 22 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 4:41 am

@ ETW

You had my number each time we ended up face to face, I'd say you're better than you think you are Wink
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 22 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 4:45 am

Sidawg wrote:
@ ETW

You had my number each time we ended up face to face, I'd say you're better than you think you are Wink

Well, the flaming barbecue, bright shirt, and cork hat kinda kept giving your position away...
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 22 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 4:46 am

noob of the week wrote:
Than its settled! Ill shall meet you in a few hours!
Suspect
Then you win by default. I'll be asleep in a few hours.
Might be able to meet you today around 7 or 8 PM.
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 22 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 4:54 am

lol, alright man Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 22 486751
Back to top Go down
Sidawg
First Nation
First Nation

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 22 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 4:55 am

eattheword wrote:
Sidawg wrote:
@ ETW

Well, the flaming barbecue, bright shirt, and cork hat kinda kept giving your position away...

Laughing

That'd be for Aussies, it'd be my shagging of sheep that gave my position away Laughing
Back to top Go down
SparklyBazongaz,
Loyalist
Loyalist
SparklyBazongaz,

Nation Reputation : 39

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 22 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 5:33 am

Sidawg wrote:
eattheword wrote:
Sidawg wrote:
@ ETW

Laughing

That'd be for Aussies, it'd be my shagging of sheep that gave my position away Laughing

Suspect pale
oh dear god... the mention of sheep just put me off the game pale ... Bye
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 22 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 6:55 am

Sidawg wrote:
eattheword wrote:
Sidawg wrote:
@ ETW

Laughing

Oh, that's right, you're a kiwi; like the Aussies only with messed up vowels... Wink

Very Happy= :D

Anyway, my 0.2 k/d says to me I'm still not that good. But if I managed to kill you then that says... hmmm... what does it say...?

Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 22 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 8:19 am

I dont sweat kd in this game any more than any other.

I'm inching closer to a 1.0 though
Back to top Go down
Wadofgore
Second Nation
Wadofgore

Nation Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 22 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 9:43 am

eattheword wrote:
Thanks to Modern Camping 2's esoteric lobby system I got some games in last night with Mofo & Co, Seyel, Liam, Morty, Wadofgore and a couple of the 1nK guys, Sidawg, my sixteen-year-old nephew and his clan mates (none of whom believed I was his uncle when I crashed his party) and some others whose names I have forgotten. I don't want to speak ill of a relation, but I wonder if my newphew's score line has anything to do with a tendency to hide in small rooms and used RPGs and other assorted grenade launchers? He seemed really upset when I shot down his Harrier... Twisted Evil At one point I saw him hiding in the HQ so I lobbed in a Semtex and killed.... Liam. Hi Liam! Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 22 811307

Mic communication is a real key in this game, much more than in R2. Those games with Wad, lilswami and TechnoDiamond were really fun as we were working the mics constantly. Apart from Techno we were all going 4 for 16 and such forth, but we did win a couple of rounds all the same.

Sweetest kills for me:

1. In Terminal. I'm on the outside roof and a guy in the plane cockpit snipes me and then gets Wadofgore. I respawn on the ground floor that exits onto the apron. I have just started using FMJ in my Scar (unlocked the previous round) and I see the assassin running back through the plane towards the ramp at the rear. So, I line up a tracking shot and follow his run. Those FMJs tore right through and took him down. Sweet.

2. In Terminal again. Wad and I are running from the shops towards the escalators. There's a guy on the raised platform pinning us down. I go all the way up to its side then throw a Semtex up which sticks to the ceiling above him and BLAM! Goodnight, Gracie!

In this game I am just accepting that I'm going to get 0.25 k/d for a while, and instead I am enjoying the creative takedowns. This is much easier to do and to enjoy when the team works as a team. When you feel like the spare wheel following round a group of skilled players who don't use the mics for team work then it isn't fun. All the good players out there can really make a difference by constantly talking to everyone else. When we (Wad, Swami, me, etc) were together we had to work and comunicate as a team because otherwise we were going to suffer even more than we did. And that, for me, was the key.

I wholeheartedly agree, there is a bit of e-penis snobbery on the mics.

The guy who told us to"Shut up" & was on OUR team got a bit of aggro from me... but it was only because I was really enjoying chatting with you, tech & swami. It made the game for me.

The controls are new, people are much better, the maps are a mystery, how does he...., what was wahhhh, ok now........waaaaaaaaaaah! - all these things could have put me off the game & made me think it was a mistaken purchase....

... but having friendly voices over the mic, people who are new too & are trying to figure the gameplay out along with you, makes MW2 my new go-to-game.

Thanks for the backup yesterday ETW, you are gooder at this game than you think.....
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 22 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 9:47 am

Yeah, Idk what it is about this game that seems to bring out the jag off in people.
But it does.
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

Nation Reputation : 83

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 22 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 10:53 am

It was fun last night! Smile

I first was invited by mofo, who had a huge party with ninja_peanuts, porkchopz, and some other people. I found etw, who joined us. Then we were such a huge party we had problems to find games all together lol After some matches, I went to play with a friend, quit this party and played with her for a while. Then suddenly I noticed that Liam, etw and ozzy had joined my game! I go so excited that I started jumping on top of Liam.... and I got killed from behind xD
I was 0.8 k/d last time I checked, I haven't got a clue how I ended the day, but for some reason I have some briliant games followed by a huge string of deaths... :S

I enjoy this game a lot Very Happy= :D

It was good fun to play with you! Looking forward to the next game Smile

And the mic... eeeeeewww! Lol You all know my problems with the mic... Embarassed Sometimes it is noisy itself (mofo says it is just my voice lol), and it upsets the whole team, so I switch it off. Sometimes is just me... I get so bloody accent-conscious that I cannot speak, I get a "language-block". But yeah... I know the mic makes a difference.
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 22 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 12:09 pm

This just in: spent an hour with Sponge learning some techniques for playing the various maps, including Favela. Sponge eventually had to leave (something about his rock pool drying up) and so I thought I'd put what I'd learned into practice. Find game. "Oohhh Favela, great!". The game eventually ended on a time-out because the other four players were all brain dead camping snipers with tents the size of the Milennium Dome. I finished the game with a score line of 2 for 12. STOOOPID FREAKIN' CAMPERS!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Not really seeing any of this lag that's plaguing Leo though. scratch
Back to top Go down
Eriktr0n
Fourth Nation
Eriktr0n

Nation Reputation : 5

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 22 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 12:55 pm

Just wanted to make a few comments about this game...

I'm not really like this game near as much as I did CoD4. I do like the vast amount of unlockables and whatnot to keep the game interesting, it's just I'm not too sure how much I'm liking the online play. I chalk it up to post World at War camp fests and the fact that now that the PS3 is cheaper the system is now falling into the hands of younger people who have no online etiquette to speak of.

All in all, I will probably continue to play this game just for that fact that everyone I know is playing it but once everyone leaves this game it's going straight back to Gamestop. I would suggest everyone get Left 4 Dead 2 if you have an XBOX.
Back to top Go down

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top