Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

BioShock 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

BioShock 2 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BioShock 2   BioShock 2 - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 3:22 am

CobaltMonkey wrote:
Nice.
It's a good game, certainly worth that price.
First one's better though. If you don't have it, then don't buy it! Wait and get Bioshock Infinite instead. The original is going to be included in it for free. Smile

Too late lol, already got BioShock 1 for $5 Wink
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: BioShock 2   BioShock 2 - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 4:01 am

That's not half bad either of a price either, but to steal monkeys line "Free is better than $5"
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: BioShock 2   BioShock 2 - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 5:55 am

Meh, I have yet to try the series but I know I will like it. From Raist's vid I can see that the BioShock 2 collectors edition has a lot of great extra content like soundracks etc and for that price was a bargain in NZ Wink .
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: BioShock 2   BioShock 2 - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 7:37 am

Not arguing that point. It's a good game and the sequel is good too.
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: BioShock 2   BioShock 2 - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 11:21 am

Once you get drill dash you never go back. It's like using the energy sword in Halo.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: BioShock 2   BioShock 2 - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 11:30 am

I loved drill dashing.
Reminded me of the Stinger move from Devil May Cry.
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: BioShock 2   BioShock 2 - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 11:32 am

I wish you got drill dash earlier; I would've played a drill/plasmids only character.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: BioShock 2   BioShock 2 - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 11:52 am

I played Drill and Rivet Gun only for a while just for that genuine Big Daddy gameplay experience. Couldn't keep to it though. Plasmids are just too much fun.
Love trap rivets. They make things so much easier when you use them right.
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: BioShock 2   BioShock 2 - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 6:51 pm

Trap rivets totally wrecked other big daddies. Like srsly.

And trap bolts for the crossbow or w/e it was.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: BioShock 2   BioShock 2 - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 10:23 pm

Finally got my CE for this but impulse brought too much at Easter and my gaming backlog is longer than ever including the likes of fallout and demon's souls. Plus holidays is already half over and still no where near done with Fallout 3 lol. Oh well, got some great games at great prices and still have a fairly healthy wallet Wink .
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: BioShock 2   BioShock 2 - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 4:38 am

I like that saying. "I have to many games to play."
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: BioShock 2   BioShock 2 - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 5:33 am

Lod wrote:
I like that saying. "I have to many games to play."

Lol, I am only halfway through the Fallout 3 quests and so much left to discover. Haven't even started Demon's Souls, BioShock 1, BioShock 2 and , wait for it..., Fallout New Vegas: Ultimate Edition !!
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: BioShock 2   BioShock 2 - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 5:18 am

Finally got around to starting this game up. Been going for about half an hour and already in love again Very Happy= :D . Combat is even better and memories are being brought back from when I played the first game Smile . This series universe is extremely interesting not to mention the environments are amazing to just stare at Razz
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: BioShock 2   BioShock 2 - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 11:16 am

I really did enjoy the environment of rapture in both games. I heart my collectors edition of Bio 2. Glad you're enjoying this!
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: BioShock 2   BioShock 2 - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 2:39 pm

Just wait until you get Drill Dash, Mitch. You'll never want to use anything else ever again.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: BioShock 2   BioShock 2 - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 11:33 pm

I got it last night Smile . I have sort of passed that early part of a Bioshock game where you are struggling for ammo and supplies. Really enjoying the open-ended areas and been exploring a lot as a result, ended up with a lot of extra ammo and cash Wink .
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: BioShock 2   BioShock 2 - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 1:06 am

So I started this back up again and while the lore/environments/RPG elements are still great there are a few things that are annoying me, namely the combat.

As Big Daddy is slow and clunky, the struggle for health packs and eve is irritating to say the least, whenever I try to gather ADAM by defending a little sister, I get battered by large numbers of splicers that deplete me of health/health packs so quickly that half the time I don't have enough resources to survive gunfights. I don't earn enough money to keep my health/ammo refilled to a suitable standard and it's just a never ending cycle even though I am searching everywhere for supplies. I'm just finding it a bit of a chore to get through the game when I have to sacrifice so much to get anything done.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: BioShock 2   BioShock 2 - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 6:36 am

I might try finish this game, though in order to make the experience much more enjoyable and make the game much more fun I'm going to do two things. Firstly, I'm going to lower the difficulty as the neverending lack of health and ammo was annoying me, secondly I'm not going to bother going for any trophies at all ( I honestly wasn't intending to plat this game anyway, just try get all little sisters, though those protection firefights are too tough for the supplies I had).

I loved the first game, no real reason why I can't like this one.
Back to top Go down

BioShock 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top