Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

BioShock 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

Nation Reputation : 22

BioShock 2 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BioShock 2   BioShock 2 - Page 4 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 1:21 am

Good shit as always Monkey.
I've played the MP of this game a few times, I think I'm rank 9, it seemed to take foever to get that far! Haven't really played in awhile, but now with these newly learned tips I have some motivation to get me to 40. Thanks bro, the best tip I think is to hack everything, snapshot as much as you possibly can to rank up quick!
cheers
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: BioShock 2   BioShock 2 - Page 4 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 2:51 am

Oh, it certainly helps. And the damage bonus you get against people you've photographed doesn't hurt either. Wink

Offer's open to you too, Spongey. Kiss You need help then post up. Or if you'd like a tour, or just someone to ride shotgun (with an actual shotgun) then let me know. We're not often on at the same time, but if you get the chance to play in the afternoon or evening on Wednesday-Saturday, then let me know.
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: BioShock 2   BioShock 2 - Page 4 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 2:54 am

I could do Wed!
I need someone to party with and show me the $$$
cheers
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: BioShock 2   BioShock 2 - Page 4 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 3:01 am

Spongebobnopants wrote:
I could do Wed!
I need someone to party with and show me the 'monkey'
cheers
Fixed.

You in Central time zone, or Mountain? What's a good time for you?
Perhaps we could get K in on this?
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: BioShock 2   BioShock 2 - Page 4 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 3:07 am

MST
Its 207am here now
Kratos=Win
Nuff said.
ill look for yous Wed!
Back to top Go down
kratosXS
Sixth Nation
kratosXS

Nation Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: BioShock 2   BioShock 2 - Page 4 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 6:46 pm

Great work, Monkey. Plus one This is my second time trying to write this up. I was almost finished the last time, when a power cut had other ideas. Crying or Very sad

I tried the weapons loadout already today, and I noticed an improvement immediately. I actually like the Elephant gun and the Nail gun. So long as you get to power up the Nail gun it can be a powerful weapon. But I have to admit that after trying the Shotgun and Winter Blast combo, you've great control. I don't have the recoil reduction for the Machine gun yet. That's only available from lvl 31. I'm up to lvl 27 now, so getting there. Another error I was making that you alluded to, and this goes for all online shooters, was my strategy while emptying a clip. I would stand there and try to reload the main weapon, rather than pulling out the secondary weapon. I was likre a sitting duck, rather than keeping the pressure on my opponent. I even forget to reload sometimes.

I've been trying to do as many trials as possible, and I think that has inhibited my progress also. Do you do all the trials, or just concentrate on ones you know you can get? I tried the Crossbow last night, as the Crossbow in B1, and the Speargun in B2 were my favourite weapons. It's much slower online than it is in the actual game. I got a couple of kills, but it is way too slow.

As for Plasmids. My favourites are Electro Bolt, Winter Blast, and Aero Dash. Aero Dash is also useful if you're hit with Incinerate! as it allows you to quench the flames faster. I never thought of TK until you pointed out it's benefits. I picked up an explosive barrel today and threw it at a guy. It was an instant kill. It was beautiful. I don't know why I didn't think of it before. Probably because I wasn't that impressed with it in the game itself. I didn't even consider upgrading it, opting instead for more useful ones. I've tried Houdini, but I don't think you can fire a weapon while using it. I had a bit of success with Insect Swarm initially, but the more I used it the less effective it seemed to be. It was dispatched pretty quickly. It definitely has a nuisance value though.

I use the same Tonics as you. It is essential to have expert researcher spliced as it allows you to get out of Dodge quickly. Research too slowly and you're bound to be hit by someone coming up on your blind side. Eve Saver is necessary as you can get through a lot of eve, especially when charging plasmids.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: BioShock 2   BioShock 2 - Page 4 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 12:27 am

kratosXS wrote:
Great work, Monkey. Plus one This is my second time trying to write this up. I was almost finished the last time, when a power cut had other ideas. Crying or Very sad
Been there, K. Feel for you. BioShock 2 - Page 4 915210

I tried the weapons loadout already today, and I noticed an improvement immediately. I actually like the Elephant gun and the Nail gun. So long as you get to power up the Nail gun it can be a powerful weapon. But I have to admit that after trying the Shotgun and Winter Blast combo, you've great control. I don't have the recoil reduction for the Machine gun yet. That's only available from lvl 31. I'm up to lvl 27 now, so getting there. Another error I was making that you alluded to, and this goes for all online shooters, was my strategy while emptying a clip. I would stand there and try to reload the main weapon, rather than pulling out the secondary weapon. I was likre a sitting duck, rather than keeping the pressure on my opponent. I even forget to reload sometimes.
You're not alone. I did the same things. Still do sometimes. Embarassed Powered up nail gun is hard to beat, to be sure. I personally didn't like the charge time, but it's still good as long as you have the drop. Elephant gun is this game's sniper rifle. If you can get headshots, then it's pretty good. I guess I just don't like it because I was expecting it to be more of an upgraded shotgun. Elephant guns aren't made for sniping, in my (totally not) expert opinion.

I've been trying to do as many trials as possible, and I think that has inhibited my progress also. Do you do all the trials, or just concentrate on ones you know you can get?
I tried going after all of them from the beginning, and it helped me get my bearings on which weapons and plasmids I did well with. I went about getting all the simple use ones like Master Electrician, and the ones you get for hitting a BD with consecutive rounds. Most I just got as I went along though. I'd keep Winter Blast and Shotgun in my first slot, then make another plasmid/weapon my second to get the trials done as the chances arose. Some I got completely by luck. I didn't even know at first that they increased in Adam value as new ones were unlocked. Higher level ones are worth 500. Quite a jump from 75. lol Anyway, going after them all might not help you rank up quickly, but attempting them will get you better accustomed to the game. Tough call, really. Some I did just deem "Not Worth It" like the ones for weapon kills that I didn't use, aka pistol, crossbow, elephant gun, launcher. Got a few kills toward each, but just went back to the shotgun/machine gun. In short, go for the ones you think you can get when the chance presents itself. Other than that, don't bother too much with them. Many are luck anyway.
I tried the Crossbow last night, as the Crossbow in B1, and the Speargun in B2 were my favourite weapons. It's much slower online than it is in the actual game. I got a couple of kills, but it is way too slow.
My thoughts exactly. Story mode fun tip: Shoot trap spears directly at enemies like Brutes and BDs. Counter intuitive, I know, but trust me. Good times.

As for Plasmids. My favourites are Electro Bolt, Winter Blast, and Aero Dash. Aero Dash is also useful if you're hit with Incinerate! as it allows you to quench the flames faster. I never thought of TK until you pointed out it's benefits. I picked up an explosive barrel today and threw it at a guy. It was an instant kill. It was beautiful. I don't know why I didn't think of it before. Probably because I wasn't that impressed with it in the game itself. I didn't even consider upgrading it, opting instead for more useful ones. I've tried Houdini, but I don't think you can fire a weapon while using it. I had a bit of success with Insect Swarm initially, but the more I used it the less effective it seemed to be. It was dispatched pretty quickly. It definitely has a nuisance value though.
I never upgraded TK either, but I also never took it off. Great utility value story mode wise. Multiplayer it's marginally better than Winter Blast in direct combat because a stunned target can't shoot and a frozen one can. WB still has more uses though.
I had a second loadout for a while that focused on Electrofied Geyser traps. If nothing else, they really can be fun. Very Happy= :D Except when you forget where you put them. Embarassed

I use the same Tonics as you. It is essential to have expert researcher spliced as it allows you to get out of Dodge quickly. Research too slowly and you're bound to be hit by someone coming up on your blind side. Eve Saver is necessary as you can get through a lot of eve, especially when charging plasmids.

You seem to know your way around the game pretty well now, but you're still quite welcome to join me and Spongey on Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
kratosXS
Sixth Nation
kratosXS

Nation Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: BioShock 2   BioShock 2 - Page 4 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 7:59 am

CobaltMonkey wrote:

You seem to know your way around the game pretty well now, but you're still quite welcome to join me and Spongey on Wednesday.

I wouldn't go that far. My head knows the theory and ideas on how to succeed. It's just there's a problem relaying the info to my hands. All the information is dispatched from the brain, but seems to get lost in transit. When it gets to the nervous system highway it kind of gets lost at a diversion. It seems to leave the highway and finds some slip road, only to reach the wrong destination. Beep those numskulls.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: BioShock 2   BioShock 2 - Page 4 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 12:29 pm

All the more reason to meet for a bit of practice. Very Happy= :D Maybe give the numbskulls a GPS.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: BioShock 2   BioShock 2 - Page 4 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 6:07 am

Double Post, For the Horde! Or the Alliance. Whichever. I don't care. WoW sucks.

Spongey! (And the reluctant K, if he changes his mind) When would be a good time for you? I'm about to hit the hay now, and I'll probably be up by noon here. I know you normally work midnights, so I could wait until late evening too if you'd like.
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: BioShock 2   BioShock 2 - Page 4 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 12:10 am

YO MONKAY!!
Sorry dude, had other "plans" to do Sad
But Im on in the AMs and Im off Mondays and Tuesdays, Ill send y a PM when i see ya online cheers
Back to top Go down
TRVJAG1
Sixth Nation
TRVJAG1

Nation Reputation : 6

PostSubject: Re: BioShock 2   BioShock 2 - Page 4 EmptySat May 29, 2010 8:22 pm

Well. just finished playing 4 hours of BS2 and i found some funny findings. I learnt alot of the big daddy spawns. The big daddy suit spawn sites go stuffed up so all 3 suits spawned at the same place, not changing. My last match, on the Medical Pavillion. I got the Suit 2 times before the game ended, sadly the 3rd suit spawn right in front of me just at 3 seconds left before returning to the lobby. Electro bolt is awesome, and i kinda P-O'd alot of people with the Elephant Gun... Headshotting massacre.

Im babbling.

Level 39. 1000 ADAM till level 40. Hope to get it by this afternoon.

I hate L14M Sm2ck37. He stole my BDS.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: BioShock 2   BioShock 2 - Page 4 EmptySat May 29, 2010 9:11 pm

An early congrats on your upcoming level 40, T. Clap
Back to top Go down
TRVJAG1
Sixth Nation
TRVJAG1

PostSubject: Re: BioShock 2   BioShock 2 - Page 4 EmptySun May 30, 2010 2:53 am

That monkey.

5:52pm, and i still haven't been able to play Xbox, only NFS:MW is keeping me occupied on my 19th run through.
Back to top Go down
TRVJAG1
Sixth Nation
TRVJAG1

PostSubject: Re: BioShock 2   BioShock 2 - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 5:40 am

Yay, got to level 40 yesterday. Now the fun begins in Civil War, apart from the fact that. Im using ressurection and i seem to die just as i press A to equip the big daddy suit, then i respawn to see the person who killed me or my teammates take it. It's annoying? Hell yes, the only thing keeping teams together is the BDS. And me, obviously. Bunch of level 5's with a lvl40 (me) against a bunch of level 50's. Great team aint it.
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: BioShock 2   BioShock 2 - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 12:34 am

This is some DLC I will definitely be getting!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: BioShock 2   BioShock 2 - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 10:15 am

Looks interesting. I might pick it up shortly before Infinite comes out.
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

PostSubject: Re: BioShock 2   BioShock 2 - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 2:02 am

Just bought this earlier. Cant play it now since I have to get ready for work tomorrow, but I'll give some feedback once I do.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: BioShock 2   BioShock 2 - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 10:05 am

Please do. Smile
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

PostSubject: Re: BioShock 2   BioShock 2 - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 8:47 am

ahhhh the atmosphere of rapture. Felt good to get back there. Couple new tools to play with. Fun so far ^^
Back to top Go down
SparklyBazongaz,
Loyalist
Loyalist
SparklyBazongaz,

Nation Reputation : 39

PostSubject: Re: BioShock 2   BioShock 2 - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 2:01 am

ohai guise :3

I havnt played bioshock in sooo long
i miss the Big Daddys..

SO. I SHALL PLAAAYY TONIGHT Twisted Evil

Oh, and btw, have any of you seen the new Biochock Infinite trailer?
if not.. here it is Wink

Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

PostSubject: Re: BioShock 2   BioShock 2 - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 6:32 pm

Just finished the DLC the other day and man.... it is easily worth the 10$ for it. The way they brought the story together at the end just hit home sooo nicely. 10.00 is a good price to pay to go back to Rapture. I recommend this for sure.
Back to top Go down
danavfc97
New in the Nation
danavfc97

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: BioShock 2   BioShock 2 - Page 4 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 7:33 am

SpongeBobNoPants wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Total pWnage. Nuff said.

I agree! completely amazing! Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: BioShock 2   BioShock 2 - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 12:28 am

I admit it, I impulse bought it, but check out the sweet deal I got !!.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Now you see why Wink , Mighty Ape is NZ's premier shopping website for video games and electronics and the Easter Sale this year is awesome. I might not be finished purchasing yet lol, have a lot of cash saved up.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: BioShock 2   BioShock 2 - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 12:42 am

Nice.
It's a good game, certainly worth that price.
First one's better though. If you don't have it, then don't buy it! Wait and get Bioshock Infinite instead. The original is going to be included in it for free. Smile
Back to top Go down

BioShock 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top