Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Pokemon Trainer HQ

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 9:07 pm

Ouch that sucks :[

It gets good about halfway through the gyms I wanna say.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

Nation Reputation : -15

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 9:08 pm

lol and here I am with only three pokemon in my party, I prefer the tough, cool pokemon over the silly ones lol
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 9:10 pm

Yeah, I prefer keeping the ones I like with me, but I do have a party of 6. If you all want I could go into details lol.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 9:13 pm

please do, always good to see other people's strategies, I have a bunch of pokemon in my PC but I started to get the feeling that it was time to dump the normal/grass types (chose tepig as starter so got a pansage) since I never really use them and it was hard to train them up for a long time

My party is:

20 Timburr
20 Pignite
20 Blitzle

I hope to get a Gothitelle, looks pretty cool
And of course the legendary lol
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 9:20 pm

Right now my party is:

Swoobat: Lv. 45
Carracosta: Lv. 46
Krookodile: Lv. 48
Larvesta: Lv. 49
Haxorus: Lv. 51
Serperior: Lv. 51

I do have other previous main party members on the PC that I was using back then, but they're in their 30's or early 40's. These are the guys I've been using for quite some time now, and I plan on swapping out Swoobat for Rufflet/Braviary when my sister actually goes and catches one for me (she has White version so I need her to get me one.)

Is that good enough Vrals? Or do you want me to tell what moves they know as well?
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 9:22 pm

lol the moves would help, I tend to be more aggressive in my play style and go only for damage dealing moves, would be nice to see how everybody else does it
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 9:28 pm

Vrals597 wrote:
lol the moves would help, I tend to be more aggressive in my play style and go only for damage dealing moves, would be nice to see how everybody else does it

Ok man, I usually go for aggressive moves as well. Here's what they know right now:

Swoobat:
Fly, Psychic, Air Slash & Future Sight

Carracosta:
Surf, Crunch, Aqua Tail & Smack Down

Krookodile:
Brick Break, Foul Play, Dig & Rock Tomb

Larvesta:
Bug Bite, Take Down, Leech Life & Flame Charge

Haxorus:
False Swipe, Dragon Claw, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Dance

Serperior:
Coil, Wring Out, Giga Drain, Leaf Blade

With these moves I've got a pretty good offense against quite a bit of types.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 9:32 pm

yup, they always recommend having a couple of sub-types on your team, my team is currently one electric, one fight, and one fire-fight hybrid, I can see myself having to dump Timburr in favor of a psychic type or something else like that, not dumping Blitzle until I get the legendary pokemon, hes a dragon/electric hybrid so I should have some fun with him lol
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 9:36 pm

Yeah, between all the different type combos in my party I have: Bug, Fire, Dragon, Grass, Rock, Water Dark, Ground, Psychic & Flying. Quite a good variety if I say so lol.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 9:38 pm

I'll say, love a psychic type pokemon myself, just wish the psychic pokemon that I want was in white version, maybe I can ask my bro to get me one, if he is in good/helpful mood that is lol
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 9:41 pm

Ahh the cell thing? I don't mind Swoobat. Woobat and Swoobat are cute lol.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 9:44 pm

lol I'm not a fan of cute plus since I'm a big fan of the Gothic Metal scene I would love to have a pokemon that showcases that
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 9:44 pm

Spoiler:
Found on reddit. Giggleworthy, imo.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 9:46 pm

Haha that's great Monkey.
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

Nation Reputation : 15

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 10:15 pm

Catch rate mechanics are extremely broken. I don't care how high your stats are; if you're asleep, paralyzed, and/or on the verge of passing out, you're not going to fight your way out of a Pokeball. Much less an Ultra Ball.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 10:50 pm

Yeah, those stupid Legendary Pokemon.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 11:45 pm

Super Effective.
Not sure if the guys is still working on this one or not, but this series is pretty funny. Fairly short though.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 5:21 am

He does work on it, been two updates on it in the last month that I seen. Wish he'd do that with VGcats, that comic rules.

RatchetH22 wrote:
Well, my friend Alyx and I went to GameStop today and we each ended up buying Black (Her) and White (Me). Basically we were both saying that we wouldnt buy it if the other didn't....so we did.

I'll probably start it tonight or something.

You dating now?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:48 am

I'm at the second gym now. I finally found a Pokemon that actually sounds pretty cool in the game. Roggenrolla (Rock and Roller).

I'd say that is the most clever thing I've seen in the game.

And Liam, we're not dating.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 9:48 am

I forget teenagers can be friends with women too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 11:37 am

I seem to have taken the Soul Silver approach to White. My Boldore is now a couple of levels higher than my Dewott, and I have a feeling that is going to stay the same for the rest of the game. Also, is anyone willing to do a trade-trade back for my Boldore? I'd like him to be evolved. Smile
Lod wrote:
I forget teenagers can be friends with women too.

Yep. She's just a good friend. I came to the conclusion a couple of weeks ago that a relationship at this point in high school is meaningless. There's basically only two months left, so that puts quite a damper on things.
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

Nation Reputation : 15

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 12:07 pm

Trade-induced evolutions are a pox upon the World of Pokemon. Especially when the player's rival never seems to have any trouble evolving his 'mons without trading them.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 12:10 pm

Agreed. Just another gimmick to sell more copies. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 12:10 pm

I'd like to think the rival has two DS's...
Wait, I think that would just tear a hole in the space-game universe.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 1:22 pm

RatchetH22 wrote:
Also, is anyone willing to do a trade-trade back for my Boldore? I'd like him to be evolved. Smile

Sure man, if I talk to you on AIM tonight remind me then. I could use credit for Gigalith myself.

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Trainer HQ

View previous topic View next topic Back to top