Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

Nation Reputation : 42

Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2021 1:35 pm

@CobaltMonkey so, err Monks, what's next?  Razz Laughing Laughing What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2021 2:54 am

Deep Stone Crypt is probably the most approachable of the remaining raids. I've only been through the whole thing once...actually, no. I've not done the first major encounter, only the starting leadup one and then joined a group that needed help on the encounter after and finished it up. So, I've been through most of it once Laughing But the second major encounter and on a few times. Not confident enough to lead it much.
But if we can get the group from this last attempt, clearly most of them are patient enough to make a go of it if they hung in there for, what, 6-7 hours of the last two phases of the one raid?

But really, I think the very best thing to do would be to try to establish a constant raid group. I'm happy to try as often as I can, though my only weekend day available is Sunday (not this Sunday, sadly; busy). But if we could pick a raid and then run it several weeks until we were confident enough to, say, do it and it's challenges, I'd bet we could get to really knocking them down. So, we could go for VoG or learn all of Last Wish (or at least consistently do Riven+Queenswalk). If we think we can get the people and commitment for it, I'd be down.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2021 7:37 am

I'd been hoping to build a raid team. We have a couple people with knowledge of them but as always time zones and at dates are the issue. Dic and his crew know them all. But are west coast. Even I don't see those guys much. When I looked about in the companion app I had a couple people offer to act as a team leader. I personally still feel that's your position monks but at the same time I know your schedule won't allow you to help 99 people who want to raid to do it. We can further this discussion in the admin boards if we want.

All I know is everyone wants to raid. Getting them all together is the problem still
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2021 11:43 am

I'm down for any of them Monks, even if it's to try Riven again. Yes, the guys were awesome on Sunday, Teddy, Pots and Tapes all very patient, Bunglin too for stepping in when we were a man down. Hats of to them.  Very Happy= :D

To be fair, the clan does not need to wait for us to set raids up, they have the means to get a group together. 

We could try and work on some of the guys that have never ran a raid before, we've all been there...
Back to top Go down
LocutusOfTeddy
First Nation
First Nation
LocutusOfTeddy

Nation Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2021 6:34 pm

I’m down for any raids and can normally commit to weekend raiding. The two I’ve done with you all have been great experiences. I try to watch guides before jumping in to ensure I’m somewhat familiar so whomever is leading the raid, what they are saying makes so much more sense. But that’s just me. Anyway, I’m all for raiding and helping others get thru the raids and make it an awesome experience.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2021 9:49 pm

I'm also happy to take new people through raids, but I would also like to get to where it takes up a more reasonable amount of the day to do. That's why I'd push to get a regular team going. That way we have enough people who can know the raid(s) well enough that any of us can lead them. It's going to be much, much less time consuming if we can say, "Okay, to teach this raid we will have 4 regulars and 2 to teach." Also more likely to attract people who want to learn and can/will stick it out if we tell them it's going to take around 4 hours compared to 7+.
Not to mention, the more we teach, the more teachers we can create.
More people to play means more groups at once, and at the very least more people able to cover spots if people have to drop (as we know they often do for IRL reasons).
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2021 11:47 pm

To be fair to us all in Sunday's raid, we hung around alot waiting for another player to drop in, after you left too Monks, plus the fact that the boss bit seemed bugged, so take all that out .....I don't think we did too bad.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2021 1:50 am

Oh, no no, Porky dear. I wasn't intending to downplay the group getting through it. Especially when I couldn't hang anymore. I'm saying that for learning groups, at least the ones I've been part of, 7 hours isn't uncommon at all, and usually more than one session of it. Making it through at all is an accomplishment, no question. The thing is, that is with groups of mostly learners though. If we could train up enough of us to ease that down a bit by teaching fewer people and simultaneously creating a group that can teach/fill spots as well, it's a win for everyone involved.

Eventually, the Nation itself could hold a set weekly raid (or raids!) without any specific person's involvement. Hopefully, even more eventually, it wouldn't even be an event anymore. People just hopping on here/discord saying, "I've got a few hours. VoG? Maybe GoS? Who's down?" and bam, a good chance at having a group of clanmates ready to go. Or if not a full group, then enough to be rounded out with friends and LFG.

As an aside, I'm thinking me being the "host" of the raid, the party leader who launched it, could have contributed to Riven's bugginess. Too many times she got to the threshold and just stopped taking damage. If it happens again in the future, I'd suggest we hit orbit and pass the lead around before dropping back in. I wish I'd thought of it then.  
Giving me Kingsfall Oryx flashbacks. @Bunglin probably remembers my attempt. RIP my Touch of Malice chances. Bombs just would not go off in sync.
Back to top Go down
StalecardBoard
New in the Nation
StalecardBoard

Nation Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2021 3:32 pm

I'm Free Sundays, I only have the Vault of Glass Raid right now. I'm clueless to the ins and outs of it but I'm always up for looting and shooting.
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2021 7:26 am

@CobaltMonkey Soooo shall we go for another VOG run soonish?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2021 10:33 am

As far as I know, I'm free next Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2021 10:43 am

Ok I will see who we can get, cough cough @Celly
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 7:21 am

Post up if you are interested. Smile
Back to top Go down
Celly
Celly

Nation Reputation : 67

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 8:50 am

Why am I not getting notifications? scratch
Yeah sorry. I have plans. But hope y'all get some people. ♡
Back to top Go down
LocutusOfTeddy
First Nation
First Nation
LocutusOfTeddy

Nation Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 6:59 pm

I am free as well
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 7:59 am

Zfan is interested. What time?
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 8:54 am

Sorry, I haven't had chance to update this....Added Zfan, but waiting on 2 others before adding more to list. Tapes is on standby list.

Monks
Porky
Teddy
Pots
Zfan
Berries

Standby - Tapes, Wulfy, Jaded

Last edited by Porky on Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
StalecardBoard
New in the Nation
StalecardBoard

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 2:39 pm

Ill be free until 6pm Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 3:01 pm

Do you have a mic and are you at lvl 1300 or above?

I can add you to standby, people can drop out for one reason or another. Which psn will you be on, Jaded or cardboard?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 9:35 pm

Looking like a good bunch. Very Happy= :D
Now we just need to nail down the start time and we'll be good to go.
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 10:38 pm

9.30 est too early? I think other than me and Pots, you are all est, but will check.
Back to top Go down
AlphaBeoWulf46
New in the Nation
AlphaBeoWulf46

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 3:32 am

If you all need another person during the raid then I'll step in, I've got pretty much nothing going on Sunday, so I'll most likely be free if I'm awake, I'll probably just need a refresh on raid mechanics because I'm a little rusty and the last vog raid I did was in D1, so it'll take a bit to get acclimated again but I usually adapt quick.
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 3:51 am

Hello you, nice to see you here. Will add you to standby. Thanks! Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 12:25 pm

Porky wrote:
9.30 est too early? I think other than me and Pots, you are all est, but will check.

Works for me.
Back to top Go down
StalecardBoard
New in the Nation
StalecardBoard

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 3:18 pm

Porky wrote:
Do you have a mic and are you at lvl 1300 or above?

I can add you to standby, people can drop out for one reason or another. Which psn will you be on, Jaded or cardboard?

Yes and my warlock is just over 1300

9:30 Est works for me
Back to top Go down

Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top