Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Celly
Celly

Nation Reputation : 67

Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2021 7:24 pm

LocutusOfTeddy wrote:
Hi! Sunday morning raiding…if you still have a spot, I’d love to join in the fun! I’m time zone challenged…is this 8am EST?
Yes! And yay!
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2021 6:02 am

Exellent, added Ted to team.
Back to top Go down
Celly
Celly

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2021 6:27 am

bounce I'm sorta excited. bounce
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2021 10:02 am

@LocutusOfTeddy have you done VOG before? What character will you be using?

@CobaltMonkey we have 2 warlocks, 2 titans, 1 hunter and what Teddy is...how do you want us to load up? I'm on well with booties. Do you want us all to use the extra light damage buff, orrrr?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2021 11:37 am

Bring your best guns. Shrug
Laughing

A good fusion rifle (not Reed's Regret, as stasis damage doesn't benefit from Focusing Lens). Null Composure (last season's seasonal weapon) is another good option.

For any phase that needs a lot of add clear, Trinity Ghoul exotic bow is amazing. You can use it for pretty much any encounter, except bosses.

For Gatekeeper, two people are going to want the Disrupting Blade seasonal mod and a sword to use on champions. Those people will be on Team Plate, holding the door open.

Anything else, we'll sort out at the time.
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2021 12:58 pm

I have Null Composure but not with vorpal and I have Distrupting blade for the plates.
Back to top Go down
Celly
Celly

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2021 1:03 pm

I have Null too. Wtf is vorpal?
Should I bring my shocky hands? Thinking
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2021 1:10 pm

It's a roll on the weapon Beanz. Do you have the other mods that Monk mentioned?
For boss, I would say Nova bomb, but arc will work before that.
Back to top Go down
Celly
Celly

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2021 1:47 pm

Dis
Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 3 17c61310
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2021 2:38 pm

Can't see what mods you have equipped though Beanz.
Back to top Go down
Celly
Celly

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2021 3:13 pm

Yeah sorry, I was going to send image by image but got caught up in something else. I'll send them thru psn later. Easier that way.
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2021 3:23 pm

That's a faff Beanz, don't worry bout that, am sure you're set.  Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Celly
Celly

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2021 3:28 pm

What's a faff? Thinking Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2021 3:46 pm

Lolz, sorry. It's.....hassle, too much trouble, takes too long.. kinda thing. You will be speaking the lingo soon  Laughing

Last edited by Porky on Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Celly
Celly

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2021 3:54 pm

I will remember this. Cool
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2021 4:50 pm

Porky wrote:
Lolz, sorry. It's.....hassle, too much trouble, takes too long.. kinda thing. You will be speaking the lingo soon  Laughing

cheers

The only word I know in your language Porkzy, is cheers!
Im surprised we're even able to communicate..
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2021 9:03 pm

CobaltMonkey wrote:
Bring your best guns. Shrug  
Laughing

A good fusion rifle (not Reed's Regret, as stasis damage doesn't benefit from Focusing Lens). Null Composure (last season's seasonal weapon) is another good option.

For any phase that needs a lot of add clear, Trinity Ghoul exotic bow is amazing. You can use it for pretty much any encounter, except bosses.  

For Gatekeeper, two people are going to want the Disrupting Blade seasonal mod and a sword to use on champions. Those people will be on Team Plate, holding the door open.

Anything else, we'll sort out at the time.

I run the disrupting mod on my sword. Team plate it is.

Oh and uhm....telesto...cough cough
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 09, 2021 4:00 am

So me and Six are on plate duty in boss room. Guns firing
Back to top Go down
Celly
Celly

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 09, 2021 4:21 am

Y'all just point to where I should be.. that's where I'll be.Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 3 200.gif?cid=aa094c254ko3tygqxlarwm62m6o89ulp4k0vizssukgz22ft&rid=200
Back to top Go down
Celly
Celly

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 10, 2021 12:27 pm

Notice Six stopped getting kicked when I left? I was right about my theory. High traffic.

Happy for you guys. You kicked ass!
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 10, 2021 12:36 pm

Sadfaice you weren't there all the way through  Crying or Very sad

Good game guys. I get so scared lol.
Here's the stats if anyone is interested. Sill low on mine but improved from the last run  Smile

Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 3 Web_ca11

So umm Last Wish next?  Laughing Laughing bounce
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 10, 2021 4:30 pm

In Six's defense, a *lot* of those deaths were us pushing him off the ledge while he was afk. Laughing

And sure, I'm down for a Last Wish run. Just be warned that it is more mechanics-heavy than VoG, and I am not experienced enough to fully lead the thing. Of course, we could always warp to Riven, then just do that and Queenswalk if we just wanted a completion.
Back to top Go down
LocutusOfTeddy
First Nation
First Nation
LocutusOfTeddy

Nation Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 10, 2021 4:54 pm

Welp…sorry I didn’t check here earlier and for not figuring out my mic until oracles.
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 12:49 am

The deaths for us all were mostly from jumping off the side so we could get the challenge. None of us really died much otherwise. Very Happy= :D Very Happy= :D Very Happy= :D
3 of the same Scout rifle from 3 chests Rolling Eyes Razz

No problem Ted, glad we got it sorted😎

I'm down to Wishing our way through LW Monks. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion    Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion  - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 3:04 pm

I must've used up all my loot luck on the last run. Got nothing but Corrective Measures and duplicate armor pieces all the way through. Laughing I think vision of confluence is the only thing I still need. Well, that and to get a group down to do a run for the Vex catalyst.

Riven is easy enough to fight. With the right setup, people solo her. Shocked So, it shouldn't be much of a problem for a team.  
The real fight is going to be Queenswalk. The mechanics we deal with are fairly simple, but tough to execute just right if you don't have practice. The goal is to carry Riven's Heart from her corpse back to an altar in a prior place in the raid, but everything is broken and Takeny so it's important to know where to go. I'll drop a video of the route to take when I can dig one up.

One person is randomly chosen to be able to carry the Heart and gets a buff on the left of their screen with a timer. While we make our way back to the altar, we need to stick close to the Heart Carrier because outside of their radius, there is a constant debuff that gets worse the longer you're outside. To put it in VoG terms, the Heart is like the Relic only instead of having to hold a button to put out the cleansing effect, you get a slowly shrinking aura that just automatically surrounds you.  

Now, remember that timer on the left of the screen. When it runs out, anyone that is inside the aura gets teleported inside the Heart. This always includes the one carrying the Heart since you can't put it down (or attack or anything) while you have it. At this point, another person is chosen (again, randomly) to get to carry the Heart, and they will get the timer.  
Meanwhile, inside the heart there will be Taken to fight and a buff to collect called Taken Strength. It looks like a big floating orb. You can only collect one Taken Strength buff at a time or you die, and there will be one for each person who has been teleported into the Heart so far. When the last one that has spawned is collected, it resets the timer for the person currently carrying the Heart so they can make more progress before they join you. The Taken Strength orbs will spawn only once per person carrying the Heart, so eventually 5 or all 6 people will be a carrier.
The first person teleported into the Heart should always grab a Taken Strength *last*. This makes it much easier to keep track of when you're triggering the timer refresh. And lets everyone else just grab one right when they are teleported in and focus on putting down Taken until the next set of Taken Strength orbs spawn.

So, it is absolutely vital for the Heart Carrier to communicate how much time is left on your timer. We need a running countdown so we know when to collect that last Strength, because we want to do it in the last few seconds so it resets the timer as much as possible. But also we need warning to be outside the cleansing aura so we don't get teleported with the Carrier. Too many people inside means we don't make it to the altar, and it's a wipe.

Let me run through a sample chain of events here.  
Queenswalk starts. Porky gets the Heart Carrier buff. Picks up Riven's Heart and starts running for the exit.  
She tells us when she's at 15 seconds left, 10 seconds left, and then counts down at 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.  
Everyone else backs away.  
Porky is now inside the Heart.
Six is then chosen as the Heart Carrier.  
He picks up the Heart and everyone gets close again, and shoots down any Taken they see to keep him alive. Porky fights Taken inside and looks for the floating orb.  
Six gives the same countdown, and when he's in the last five seconds, Porky grabs the orb, resetting Six's timer.  
Six again gives the countdown, and we all back away outside his aura, and he gets teleported.  
I am chosen as the Heart Carrier.  
Six immediately finds and grabs a Taken Strength orb. Porky, as the first person teleported, will always get the last available buff.  
I give the countdown, and in the last five seconds, Porky again grabs that buff, resetting my timer.  
Repeat with each new person until we run out of people or we get the Heart to the Altar.

Like I said, it's fairly simple. But it can be harder to keep straight when you're fighting the whole time. That's why the communication is so important.
Back to top Go down

Destiny 2 Raid Sign Up and Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top