Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

COD: Black Ops Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 16 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 7:07 am

Yes , It does seem that some devs are spitting out a multiplatform games best copy on the 360 and giving us a port of lesser quality . I know it's not just Black Ops . I don't understand it . PS3 has basically surpassed 360 in sales so why is it of lesser importance for a game's best version . I just hope this doesn't happen to Treyarch's next COD Sad .
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 16 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 7:09 am

Profit. Why else?
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 16 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 7:19 pm

Treyarch business plan/game development schedule:

1-Sit around with finger up rectum for six months
2-Develop decent working title on Xbox, lulz at the PS3 players
3-????
4-Profit!
Back to top Go down
eve
Eighth Nation
eve

Nation Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 16 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 9:45 pm

or every other company out there....
Half ass the original then add 134543266 updates and patches a month.. [/exaggerated]
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 16 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 12:34 am

The more things you need to store on the harddrive for game mechanics (eg.patches) the slower the game runs and the longer it takes to load every time to turn the system on. Uncharted is a prime example of that. They could do what everyone whined about and make a patch so bullets and grenades and what not had priority over everything else (much less lag when shooting) but I don't think that game can handle another title update. It already takes 30 seconds to start up (not much I know) but the overall interaction is just poopy.
Back to top Go down
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

Nation Reputation : 36

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 16 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 3:20 am

s1lv3r4554551n wrote:
The more things you need to store on the harddrive for game mechanics (eg.patches) the slower the game runs and the longer it takes to load every time to turn the system on. Uncharted is a prime example of that. They could do what everyone whined about and make a patch so bullets and grenades and what not had priority over everything else (much less lag when shooting) but I don't think that game can handle another title update. It already takes 30 seconds to start up (not much I know) but the overall interaction is just poopy.

I don't think that you quite understand how the updates and game install work. They don't always slow the game with each patch.

For the initial game installs, these are there to speed up the game and decrease loading times. Because the bluray disc can only be read at one speed it means that data further from the middle of the disc takes longer to read that data in the middle. You never had this problem with DVD because DVD drives had the ability to spin at different speeds. The thing is that with multiplatform games like Black Ops as they have to fit the same data onto a DVD for the Xbox and a Bluray for the PS3 the developers are lazy and aren't optimising the data storage of the Bluray. So in terms of the initial game installs that some games have they make the game run smoother and decrease loading times.

But with patches it all depends on how and what the developer is patching, some patches can be dedicated to optimizing and increasing the speed of code which in turns speeds up the game. You also forget the power of a computer/PS3 it can calculate HUGE amounts of data very quickly, simple things like changing the amount of damage a bullet does would add fractions of milliseconds only.

That is about all that I understand about them though and I obviously have no idea what each patch that they have put out entails but with MAG which got up to around 15 patches the game didn't lag anymore than it initially did when it first came out but I'm sure that some pacthes would make a game lag slightly more, but I would have thought any effect would be relatively minor to be honest.

I would be faster to blame it on the number of servers that are up for the game than the patches, especially in Uncharted 2 situation where it is on servers. Because the longer the game is out slowly less and less players play it online, resulting in Sony pulling servers from the game which makes it increasingly laggy. I know for a fact that MAG started out with 16 servers around the world then slowly the servers were taken doan and now there are only 2 servers for the game. THIS is what makes it more laggy not the patches, it's just that pacthes come out over time, the more patches the longer the time since the game has been released, the less servers which are up. This is one of the reasons why I stick to new games rather than play one game for ages.

However I'm not entirely sure why Black Ops has been getting more laggy, although I personally haven't played it much or noticed it recently at all.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 16 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 3:53 am

I can vouch that the lag has become more noticeable. My connection hasn't gotten any better or worse, so it's not on my end.
Not sure what causes it, but the last two days I've played I've loaded into games and large parts of the environment would be blue and pixel looking.
Shrug
Something's fishy, no doubt.
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 16 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 7:27 am

Ya, I've had that happen a few times lately... Neo (I think) was saying last night that in one game he joined somebody was using a bright green FAL and when he switched to his FAL it was the same. scratch

Definitely Halibut-like, if you ask me. Suspect
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 16 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 11:08 am

I've noticed when im selecting a game to play it starts to flash and skew and get noise over it, I went to my buddies house and it was doing the same the hrrrmmm
Back to top Go down
Toxxy
Ninth Nation
Toxxy

Nation Reputation : 23

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 16 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 11:16 am

Shocked
BIG WTF.
Frozen screen on a page of words & pixelated insults!
o.0
Strips of code in game, or when trying to join a party!
Il y a baleine sous cailloux!
Shocked
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 16 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 12:04 pm

SistaToxxy wrote:
...Pixelated insults!

Really? Shocked

I thought pixies were all so well behaved as well... *Mental image of cinema scene from Gremlins* Thinking
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 16 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 12:38 pm

I think its subliminal messaging trying to get us to buy stocks in mircosoft.....those sneaky sobs, they'll never take me alive!
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 16 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 3:18 pm

An Apple a day keeps Bill Gates away.
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 16 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 9:18 pm

FlightOfGrey wrote:
s1lv3r4554551n wrote:

I don't think that you quite understand how the updates and game install work. They don't always slow the game with each patch.

For the initial game installs, these are there to speed up the game and decrease loading times. Because the bluray disc can only be read at one speed it means that data further from the middle of the disc takes longer to read that data in the middle. You never had this problem with DVD because DVD drives had the ability to spin at different speeds. The thing is that with multiplatform games like Black Ops as they have to fit the same data onto a DVD for the Xbox and a Bluray for the PS3 the developers are lazy and aren't optimising the data storage of the Bluray. So in terms of the initial game installs that some games have they make the game run smoother and decrease loading times.

But with patches it all depends on how and what the developer is patching, some patches can be dedicated to optimizing and increasing the speed of code which in turns speeds up the game. You also forget the power of a computer/PS3 it can calculate HUGE amounts of data very quickly, simple things like changing the amount of damage a bullet does would add fractions of milliseconds only.

That is about all that I understand about them though and I obviously have no idea what each patch that they have put out entails but with MAG which got up to around 15 patches the game didn't lag anymore than it initially did when it first came out but I'm sure that some pacthes would make a game lag slightly more, but I would have thought any effect would be relatively minor to be honest.

I would be faster to blame it on the number of servers that are up for the game than the patches, especially in Uncharted 2 situation where it is on servers. Because the longer the game is out slowly less and less players play it online, resulting in Sony pulling servers from the game which makes it increasingly laggy. I know for a fact that MAG started out with 16 servers around the world then slowly the servers were taken doan and now there are only 2 servers for the game. THIS is what makes it more laggy not the patches, it's just that pacthes come out over time, the more patches the longer the time since the game has been released, the less servers which are up. This is one of the reasons why I stick to new games rather than play one game for ages.

However I'm not entirely sure why Black Ops has been getting more laggy, although I personally haven't played it much or noticed it recently at all.

I forgot to mention that I don't know what I'm talking about and that what I said is how it has appeared. It appeared that lack of response and lag get worse with a patch because that general trend held true with U2 and BLOPS. When you say servers what do you mean exactly. Isn't Black Ops and Uncharted peer hosting based games?
Back to top Go down
SwiftJusticeATX
Fifth Nation
SwiftJusticeATX

Nation Reputation : 12

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 16 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 12:54 am

I wish I knew what you were talking about, so I could contribute something useful. I just yell at the screen and pour another Jamesons until it quits messing up. Cheers!!
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 16 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 2:33 am

Lol drinking doesn't help Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 16 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 2:40 am

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 16 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 3:44 am

It does. Just not the way most would think.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 16 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 7:13 am

I'm getting slightly annoyed with this games online . Whenever I party up which is very often with a certain friend of mine , I end up dying continuously and watch the scoreboard as he gets good scores even though he used to be worse than me , happens every time and it's depressing !!!! .
So I'm putting this games online away and playing other games a little more now . No more exclusively playing black ops .

Will allways play and beast the zombie mode , I desperately want this new map pack !!!!!
Back to top Go down
SwiftJusticeATX
Fifth Nation
SwiftJusticeATX

Nation Reputation : 12

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 16 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 10:50 am

Maybe your friend is a cooler. Same thing happens to a good friend of mine when we play. Only difference is we both die continuously and fight for the bottom spot facepalm2
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 16 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 9:30 pm

so i still cant join any party on black ops, i keep getting host is no longer valid, and no one can join me ...... Angry :angry:
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 16 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 10:12 pm

if ya feel like trying again, monkey and I are on now.
Anyone else want to join, join!
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 16 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 11:31 pm

GGs, all.
Sorry my zombie slaying isn't up to snuff. Not my mode of choice, but I still enjoyed hanging with you guys. Very Happy= :D

I hate Nuketown a little more with every game I play on it. And I already despise it with the burning fury of a thousand and two fiery suns (which I also hate).

But that next game on Jungle, 21-2.
Where are your noob tubes now! Mwa-ha-ha-ha!
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 16 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 11:39 pm

Yeah. I finally have settled on a class that I think fits me better than any.
Flak Jacket stops the booms.

Ugh....this game
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 16 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 11:50 pm

Well, they're only effective on small areas that force indoor confrontations or at very predictable choke points. Namely, on Nuketown and Summit.
Anywhere else and their toobs are worthless.
Problem comes in where everyone picks those two darn maps (and always play twice).

Idk.
The whole lot of it just seems to be going to crap lately.
Shrug
I think...yeah, I think I'll get back to level 50 and just drop it. Could use a different type of game for a while. Gonna go play Jade Empire again now.
Back to top Go down

COD: Black Ops Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top