Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Goals and Achievements Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

Goals and Achievements Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goals and Achievements Thread   Goals and Achievements Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 4:19 am

What do you need to do for your RE5 Trophy Street?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Goals and Achievements Thread   Goals and Achievements Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 7:41 am

Going to be a tricky goal, but...:

Beat Resistance 2 on Normal in under 3 hours.

It took me 3 hours and 2 minutes on Casual, so all I really need to do is stayed focused and keep on the move.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Goals and Achievements Thread   Goals and Achievements Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 9:25 am

Cutscenes count towards completion time?
Back to top Go down
Kilmory
Sixth Nation
Kilmory

Nation Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Goals and Achievements Thread   Goals and Achievements Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 9:32 am

I never got into the trophy thing, am I missing much?

How do I find out more about it?

CobaltMonkey wrote:
Goal: Achieve a 1.0 k/d in MW2

cheers
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Goals and Achievements Thread   Goals and Achievements Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 9:41 am

I dunno, just bragging rights I think. FF13 is the only game I know of that rewards you for getting trophies. Other than that pffft. Play to play.
Back to top Go down
Kilmory
Sixth Nation
Kilmory

Nation Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Goals and Achievements Thread   Goals and Achievements Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 9:53 am

Yes, probably not for me. The time i have on line is for pleasure, not pain.

Playing all the way through a game to miss the tropy by two minutes would probably result in a smashed controller! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Goals and Achievements Thread   Goals and Achievements Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 2:11 pm

Like he said, just bragging rights. Though many of them are rather a joke anyway. Like "Kill 25 enemies with *insert specific weapon*". Most games you play that might have one like that in there you'll do just through the course of the game.
But there are a few out there that are tough and make you feel really good to have gotten them. Case in point, the Spec Ops mission trophies in MW2. All need to be completed on the highest difficulty for the trophy, and believe me it's a challenge.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Goals and Achievements Thread   Goals and Achievements Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 4:11 pm

That's OK Monkey, I understand.

Liam wrote:
What do you need to do for your RE5 Trophy Street?

Well Liam for platinum I just need to beat the game on Professional mode, which I've done up to the first fight with Wesker and Jill (skipped the Savannah level though, that was a huge pain in the butt). Couldn't complete that one though, cuz the partner AI is dumb. Chris kept running off to fight Jill, leaving me to fight Wesker myself, and I'd always get killed cuz Chris was too far away to save me. I have the Gold Edition one and have yet to earn any trophies in that so I could use a partner for Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Escape as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Goals and Achievements Thread   Goals and Achievements Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 5:00 pm

Liam wrote:
Cutscenes count towards completion time?

No, cutscenes will not count.
Back to top Go down
TRVJAG1
Sixth Nation
TRVJAG1

Nation Reputation : 6

PostSubject: Re: Goals and Achievements Thread   Goals and Achievements Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 5:23 am

Goal: DWL the "Sinclair's Solutions Tester Pack" for Bioshock 2. Then when the internet is 100% back, play online to get to level 50. Then after that, watch the youtube vidoes explaining where the "Power to the People" Stations are and then find all 120 Audio Diariers, Equalling 100% completion.

Current: 42/50 Bioshock 2 Acheivements completed.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Goals and Achievements Thread   Goals and Achievements Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 9:51 pm

Achievement: RE 5 Platinum!

Goal: Get 100% of the RE 5 Trophies.
Back to top Go down
redhamuSLA
Fifth Nation
redhamuSLA

Nation Reputation : 23

PostSubject: Re: Goals and Achievements Thread   Goals and Achievements Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 8:05 am

MW2

Did the "kill someone with C4 while in Last Stand" challenge.

Next is the "get 25 paybacks with C4". This C4 stuff is awesome!
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Goals and Achievements Thread   Goals and Achievements Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 10:36 pm

I've never used the C4 at all before. I'd rather keep that slot for my Semtex grenades.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Goals and Achievements Thread   Goals and Achievements Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 11:22 pm

I've switched to semtex because I've gone to a more aggressive style, but I used to specialize in C4. Trust me, it can be awesome if used properly. Not a fast as a 'nade though so better suited for defense and quick trapping.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Goals and Achievements Thread   Goals and Achievements Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 3:23 pm

I just prefer my nades :]

Goal: Train my party of Pokemon to Lv 30 and to go catch a Farfetch'd
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Goals and Achievements Thread   Goals and Achievements Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 7:41 am

Goal: Obtain Platinum trophy for Bioshock.

Just finished my runthrough on Survivor Difficulty without Vitachambers. Couple annoying spots, not gonna lie. Previous playthroughs I completely underestimated the Crossbow. It owns if you get skilled enough for headshots.
Important thing iz, I haz teh Brass Balls....Trophy. As well as all the other (non DLC) ones.

Current Goal: Enjoy Bioshock 2 which I purchased for cheap yesterday. Yay GameStop Edge Card/Used copy! Half normal price.
cheers
Also, new shoes. Payless would not accept my Edge Card though. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Goals and Achievements Thread   Goals and Achievements Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 8:18 am

CobaltMonkey wrote:
Goal: Obtain Platinum trophy for Bioshock.

Just finished my runthrough on Survivor Difficulty without Vitachambers. Couple annoying spots, not gonna lie. Previous playthroughs I completely underestimated the Crossbow. It owns if you get skilled enough for headshots.
Important thing iz, I haz teh Brass Balls....Trophy. As well as all the other (non DLC) ones.

Current Goal: Enjoy Bioshock 2 which I purchased for cheap yesterday. Yay GameStop Edge Card/Used copy! Half normal price.
cheers
Also, new shoes. Payless would not accept my Edge Card though. Evil or Very Mad

Dude.....you have balls of steel. I doubt I could pull that off. I could probably eventually get through it on superhuman difficulty but without a vita chamber? Phhht yeah, eff that Wink Good job!!
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Goals and Achievements Thread   Goals and Achievements Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 2:46 pm

Thanks, Raistlin. Feels good to finish that one off.
Believe it or not, it isn't all that hard once you get going. Getting through the early parts is the hardest. It gets a lot easier as you go. It's not like you do it all in one sitting. Laughing I'll post a few tips in the Bioshock thread for any interested parties.
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Goals and Achievements Thread   Goals and Achievements Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 3:29 pm

Sounds good man, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

Nation Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: Goals and Achievements Thread   Goals and Achievements Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 10:02 pm

I finished ACIT on Hard! cheers (finally)
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Goals and Achievements Thread   Goals and Achievements Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 10:05 pm

Congrats!
cheers
I plan to get it when it goes on greatest hits, or I find it reasonable in the bargain bin. In your opinion, better or worse than ToD?
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Goals and Achievements Thread   Goals and Achievements Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 11:15 pm

I'd like to get the Ratchet & Clank Future series sometime.

Goal: Get all the Jhoto badges (I have 7 of the 8 ) by next Thursday in Heart Gold.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Goals and Achievements Thread   Goals and Achievements Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 4:23 am

Whats ACIT & ToD?
Back to top Go down
SparklyBazongaz,
Loyalist
Loyalist
SparklyBazongaz,

Nation Reputation : 39

PostSubject: Re: Goals and Achievements Thread   Goals and Achievements Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 6:23 am

GOAL: complete majority of side quests in Fallout 3, this includes not skipping 'because its boring', and visiting as many sites as possible.. Cool

Achievement: none, thus far... Cool
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Goals and Achievements Thread   Goals and Achievements Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 8:47 am

Liam wrote:
Whats ACIT & ToD?
Ratchet and Clank: Future
Tools of Destruction
and
Ratchet and Clank: Future
A Crack in Time
Back to top Go down

Goals and Achievements Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top